- Regional Synthesis Report on the Implementation of the Pacific Disaster Risk Re…
- In 2005 the Pacific Leaders endorsed for implementation, the Pacific Disaster Risk Reduction and Disaster Management Framework for Action 2005 – 2015 (RFA) and Pacific Islands Framework for Action on Climate Change 2006 – 2015 (PIFACC) as frameworks for the region respectively on Disaster Risk Management (DRM) and climate change.
A review of the progress made by the Pacific region on implementing the two frameworks from 2005 – 2015 is captured in this Regional Synthesis Report (RSR). The review was undertaken as part of the Pacific Roadmap process, agreed by the region for the development of the Strategy for Climate and Disaster Resilient Development in the Pacific (SRDP), successor to the RFA and PIFACC. A desktop assessment and interviews of representatives of donors, development partners and government representatives in the Pacific region was undertaken. The outcomes of the RSR and of previous reviews have indeed informed the development of the SRDP.
The RSR is the final report in a series of reviews for each of the frameworks (including mid-term reviews). It summarises and consolidates the progress achieved from 2005 – 2015 in the implementation of both regional frameworks, in line with the integrated approach advocated for within the SRDP.
- Publication Date
- June 23, 2015, 11:46 a.m.
- Geoscientific Information
information pertaining to earth sciences. Examples: geophysical features and processes, geology, minerals, sciences dealing with the composition, structure and origin of the earth s rocks, risks of earthquakes, volcanic activity, landslides, gravity information, soils, permafrost, hydrogeology, erosion
- More info
- For use in the ThinkHazard! (THOR) project
- Supplemental Information
- coastal_flood, strong_wind, drought, urban_flood, extreme_heat, wildfire, landslide, earthquake