- Public Domain (PD)
+ Works in the public domain may be used freely without the permission of the former copyright owner.
+ For more info see http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-definitions.html.
Muis et al Coastal Flood datasets
These datasets present the first global reanalysis of storm surges and extreme sea levels (GTSR data set) based on hydrodynamic modelling. GTSR covers the entire world’s coastline and consists of time series of tides and surges, and estimates of extreme sea levels. Validation shows that there is good agreement between modelled and observed sea levels, and that the performance of GTSR is similar to that of many regional hydrodynamic models.
- Publication Date
- July 27, 2016, 5 p.m.
- Raster Data
- Coastal Flood , Global , Muis et al , Storm Surge
- Geoscientific Information
- information pertaining to earth sciences. Examples: geophysical features and processes, geology, minerals, sciences dealing with the composition, structure and origin of the earth s rocks, risks of earthquakes, volcanic activity, landslides, gravity information, soils, permafrost, hydrogeology, erosion
- Maintenance Frequency
- There Are No Plans To Update The Data
- Users must cite: Muis, S., Verlaan, M., Winsemius, H.C., Aerts, J.C.J.H., Ward, P.J., 2016. A global reanalysis of storm surge and extreme sea levels. Nat. Commun. 7, 1–11. doi:10.1038/ncomms11969
- Supplemental Information
No information provided
- Spatial Representation Type
- grid data is used to represent geographic data