- Public Domain (PD)
+ Works in the public domain may be used freely without the permission of the former copyright owner.
+ For more info see http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-definitions.html.
Water scarcity conditions are expressed in this study by means of the Water Crowding Index (WCI), i.e. the annual water availability per capita (Falkenmark, 1986; 2013). Due to its ease in use and its simplicity in understanding, the WCI consists among the most often used indicators in water scarcity assessments, see for example: Falkenmark, 2013; Hoekstra et al., 2012; Kiguchi et al., 2014; Kummu et al., 2014; Oki & Kanae, 2006; Schewe et al. 2014, Veldkamp et al., 2015a, 2015b; Voros...
- Publication Date
- Oct. 1, 2015, 3:19 p.m.
- Raster Data
- Drought , IVM , ThinkHazard! , THOR , Veldkamp , Water Crowding Index
- Geoscientific Information
- information pertaining to earth sciences. Examples: geophysical features and processes, geology, minerals, sciences dealing with the composition, structure and origin of the earth s rocks, risks of earthquakes, volcanic activity, landslides, gravity information, soils, permafrost, hydrogeology, erosion
- Maintenance Frequency
- There Are No Plans To Update The Data
- Use of this data must reference: Veldkamp, T.I.E, Wada, Y., Aerts, J.C.J.H., Ward, P.J. (in prep) Using probabilistic methods in water scarcity assessments: A first step towards a water scarcity risk assessment framework.
For use in the ThinkHazard! (THOR) project
- Supplemental Information
No information provided
- Spatial Representation Type
- grid data is used to represent geographic data